Phone 0800 030 4391
- AIR TIGHTNESS CONSULTANCY & TESTING
- ENERGY, SAP, EPC, DEC & SBEM
- BREEAM & CODE FOR SUSTAINABLE HOMES
- ACOUSTIC CONSULTANCY & TESTING
- AIR SEALING & FIRE STOPPING
- THE COMPLETE PACKAGE
- Acoustics SUMMARY
- Noise & Vibration Surveys
- Planning & Noise
- Acoustic Design Advice
- Acoustics Compliance Testing
- BREEAM & Code for Sustainable Homes
- Noise Complaint Investigation
- BREEAM 2011 Hea 05 Credits
- BREEAM 2011 Pol 05 Credits
- Acoustics for Education
- Acoustics for Healthcare
- Acoustics for Residential
- Acoustics for Hotels
- Acoustics for Offices
- Acoustics for Retail, Industrial & Commercial Premises
- Acoustic Standards
- Acoustic Clients
- Acoustic Case Studies
- Brochure Request/Download
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Services
- FILE UPLOADS: If you have any information about any planning conditions, client/local authority requirements, noise surveys, acoustic reports etc, if there is a BREEAM requirement, or any references to POL8 (plant etc), please click on the link above and attach any information you have.
- HRS Acoustics department will provide you with a quote as soon as possible.
signup to our newsletter
Services - Acoustic Consultancy & Testing
Using fully UKAS calibrated equipment, capable of recording a wide variety of parameters, HRS are experienced in carrying out a range of environmental noise and vibration surveys. Surveys can be carried out over any duration, from short-term manned measurements, to long term automated monitoring, to suit the specific requirements of the project.
Based on the results of the noise and vibration surveys, HRS’ consultants can provide advice and assistance in obtaining planning permission. In England, planning guidance is currently given in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Noise Policy Statement for England (NPSE), other guidance is applicable for Scotland/Wales, and N Ireland.
Local Planning Authorities may impose of variety of conditions covering noise and vibration issues associated with the development. HRS’ consultants can provide acoustic assessment for the discharge of these conditions.
Industrial & commercial developments, pubs, clubs & entertainment venues:
This usually relates to noise egress from the proposed development and requires an assessment of noise impact on nearby noise sensitive receivers.
Whatever the project, HRS’ team of consultants can assess the design against the relevant acoustic criteria, e.g. Approved Document E, BB93, HTM 08-01, BREEAM or planning conditions:
- Façade design to control noise break-in / break-out
- Mechanical services noise
- Internal sound insulation and acoustic detailing
- Room acoustics, specification of acoustic absorption and control of reverberation
HRS acoustics staff are experienced in carrying out a variety of acoustic testing to asses compliance with Approved Document E, BB93, HTM 08-01, BREEAM or Code for Sustainable Homes requirements as applicable:
- Airborne and impact sound insulation testing
- Reverberation time measurements
- Internal ambient noise monitoring
- Measurements of mechanical services noise – both internal and external
The Code for Sustainable Homes (the Code) is the national standard for the sustainable design and construction of new homes. Within the ‘Health & Wellbeing’ section of the Code, credits are available for achieving improved levels of sound insulation over and above the minimum standards specified in Approved Document E.
Following similar principles as the Code for Sustainable Homes, the BRE Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) covers a range of buildings, including:
- Pre-school, schools and sixth form colleges
- Further or higher education buildings
- Health-care buildings
- Multi-residential buildings
- Offices, Industrial, Retail, Prisons, Courts & other buildings
Depending on the nature of the building, BREEAM credits are typically available for achieving minimum performance standards with regards to the internal acoustics of the building, as well as minimising noise impact on nearby noise-sensitive premises.
HRS’ consultants are experienced in assessing designs for compliance with the various credit requirements and advising on practical and cost effective mitigation measures where necessary.
HRS acoustics benefits from the technical knowledge of the company’s in-house BREEAM Assessor.
Noise is the most common cause of complaint to Local Authorities and can often have a serious effect on sufferers. HRS consultants are able to advise, either from the complainants perspective or the noise emitter, in order to develop satisfactory solutions to the problem:
- Site visits
- Meeting attendance
- Local Authority liaison
Acoustic Consultancy - Case Studies
Click headings to read more
Acoustic consultancy and testing for the largest ExtraCare development in the UK
Part E design advice for a 45-bed luxury country house hotel
BB93 consultancy and testing for a new specialist arts college
Acoustic consultancy and testing for a new flagship facility for the Academic Health Science Centre
Acoustic design advice for the Council’s new 3 storey office building and conference centre