What is WELL?
WELL is the world’s first building standard focused exclusively on human health and wellness. It marries best practices in design and construction with evidence-based medical and scientific research – harnessing the built environment as a vehicle to support human health and wellbeing. The standard was pioneered by Delos and is administered by the International Well Building Institute® (IWBI®). IWBI and Green Business Certification Inc (who administers LEED certification) provide third part certification for WELL.
Why do people want WELL?
- Improved environment for employees and clients
- Return on investment
- Industry leadership and corporate communications
- Increased productivity
- Improved employee satisfaction and retention
What are the categories & WELL levels?
Like BREEAM and LEED there are numerous issues that sit within a handful of categories. The seven categories are:
Please click on the table above to enlarge
Pre-conditions are needed for all levels of WELL certification. They can be thought of as the foundation for wellness in the built environment.
Optimisations include optional technologies, strategies and designs. These will be needed to achieve anything higher than a Silver level certification.
Each ‘feature’ (credit/issue) is designed to address at least one of the human body systems e.g. cardiovascular, muscular, skeletal.
Registration fees are paid at the time the project is registered and range between $1500 and $10000 depending on the type and size of building.
Certification fees start at $4000 and depend on project type and size.
The cost for performance verification again depends on building type and size and starts at $9000.
nb. American Standard thus the fees are stated in dollars.
If you would like any advice or more information, please contact HRS or click here for our KNOWLEDGE Hub or click here to request a quote.
0800 030 4391
HRS can provide you with a complete range of building environmental and sustainability services, meaning you can save time and money, avoid inconvenience and your risks are minimised.
From concept design stage to completion, HRS can work alongside you every step of the way. You and your project would be supported by HRS’s extensive knowledge that has been built up over 30 years, whether you need consultancy or on site advice and guidance, HRS’s large team of consultants and on site technicians are here to support you to make sure that your project hands over on time and within budget.
At HRS we believe strongly in being pro-active and customer focused, providing you with innovative cost-effective solutions.
All you need to do is make one phone call to 0800 030 4391 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org sending one set of drawings stating what services you require, and HRS will take it from there.
- Ecology »
- Noise, Vibration & Dust Services »
- Flood Risk & Drainage Assessments »
- BREEAM, BREEAM AP, DREAM, LEED »
- BREEAM UK Non Domestic Refurbishment & Fit Out »
- WELL »
- Life Cycle Costing & Life Cycle Analysis »
- Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH) »
- Home Quality Mark (HQM) »
- Post Occupancy Evaluation (POE) »
- Acoustic Consultancy & Testing »
- Air Tightness Consultancy & Testing »
- Air Leakage & Smoke Testing »
- Plenum Testing »
- Passivhaus »
- Air Test Temporary Sealing »>
- Indoor Air Quality Plan & Testing »
- External Air Quality Assessments »
- Daylighting Calculations »
- Renewable Energy Feasibility Studies »
- Thermal Bridging / Surface Condensation »
- Thermal Comfort Modelling »
- Thermographic Surveys »
- SAP Assessments »
- SBEM Assessments »
- Display Energy Certificates (DECs) »
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) »
- Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) »
- Air & Acoustic Sealing »
- Fire Stopping »
- Smoke Testing »
- The London Plan »
To see the wide range of accreditations that HRS Services hold, please visit our Accreditations page »