Building Inspection & Maintenance Services are carried out by a specialist team of trained Rope Access technicians. The range of built assets and structures which HRS Services can work on is extensive. Our experience spans more than three decades and includes visual building surveys, safety removals, concrete and masonry testing, storm damage repair, leak investigations, general maintenance work, difficult access solutions and access assistance.
Structural Inspection, Examination and Maintenance for buildings
HRS’ rope access technicians are multi-skilled, not only are they fully trained, they have secondary skills (e.g. painters) or come from various construction backgrounds. Whether you need inspection/maintenance surveys, erection of a banner or building cleaning work at height, our teams have a skillset adaptable to your project requirements:
- Building surveys – condition or baseline surveys, fault identification (e.g. causes of damp)
- Brickwork testing – permeability, compression strength, mortar composition
- Wall tie investigations – type, density, effectiveness, projected life span
- Concrete and mortar sampling and testing to NAMAS standards – mix, ASR, chloride, cement content
- Paint and condition monitoring
- Steel, aluminium and cast iron testing including section loss
- Dimensional surveys including line, level and verticality checks
- Pre-contract surveying and dimensional work including for over cladding works and for sites at risk of settlement
- Bolt and anchor testing – safety eye bolts, rock bolts, panel fixings, etc
- Various non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Ecological surveys, including comprehensive bat surveys and protected species surveys.
- Drone Surveys
HRS has always believed in pushing the boundaries to provide clients with the most cost-effective and safe way of carrying out inspection, maintenance and examination. Many of our clients have built a longstanding and lasting relationship with HRS due to the high level of service we provide.
Our experienced Building Inspection teams can carefully access all areas of sensitive buildings and structures without causing damage to the property or surrounding landscape. We work by minimising disruption to the surroundings areas to ensure that the building can remain open to the public wherever possible. This reduces the need for out of hours work, saves on cost and prevents inconvenience. When carrying out any repairs on listed buildings our primary concern is to maintain the integrity of the structure. HRS carries out all aspects of visual historical building surveys and hands on concrete and masonry testing. If it is apparent that further works need to be undertaken we can deliver corrective or maintenance works. We can also employ drone technology to access all difficult areas including roofs, church towers, sensitive listed buildings and unsafe structures.
Why HRS Services?
We have carried out more than 10,000 building inspections and are one of the founders of IRATA (the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association). Our business is client focused and we understand the pressure you may be under to get the work carried out. All services can be tailored to the individual building(s) being inspected and we commit to a fast turnaround in inspection and reporting delivery. All services are nationwide and works can be carried out 7 days a week at a time convenient to you.
- Excellent Safety record – roped access has one of the best safety records compared to more conventional ways of working at height
- Fast set-up times and flexible rigging to deliver cost efficiencies
- Reduced access costs over traditional methods of inspection
- Less site obstruction than traditional methods of inspection to minimise impact in public areas
- Expert advice and experience with a quality approach to the works from start to completion.
We have a proactive approach to all projects through collaboration with our clients. Works can be carried out nationwide and our qualified teams are available 24/7 and 365 days a year.
Our Track Record
HRS Services have worked on structures including chimneys, tower/office blocks, boats, piers, pipelines, silos and many more. Our difficult access solutions can be tailored for atria, shafts, high rise buildings and other unusual structures:
Request a quote for Building Inspection & Maintenance services
Contact our friendly I&M Team to request a quote for your building inspection project. You can also select to receive information about our complementary environmental sustainability services to allow HRS Services to provide compliance support throughout your project.