Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH)
What is the Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH or sometimes abbreviated to just ‘Code’)?
Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH) is an environmental assessment system for rating new build dwellings.
Why and when do I need to do a CfSH assessment?
You will need a CfSH assessment if you are working on new housing that is funded by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), or on any new dwelling that is supported/promoted by the Welsh Assembly Government.
Some but not all local authorities also require CfSH standards to be met as a condition of planning approval.
What you need to know
You need to contact a CfSH assessor early. CSH have rating levels which range from 1 to 6. There are mandatory minimum requirements for some areas.
HRS have a team of CfSH Assessors who will work closely with you to ensure you achieve your desired rating.
If you would like any advice, more information or a quote, please call 0800 030 4391, click here to contact HRS, visit our knowledge hub or request a quote.
0800 030 4391
“I‘d like to thank you for the drive that you have brought to this process, the strides that have been taken through the hard work shown has completed a tricky task in a short space of time.”
“The BREEAM service was second to none, thank you again.”
“Thank you very much, your help and patience regarding this project has been highly commendable.”
HRS can provide you with a complete range of building environmental and sustainability services, meaning you can save time and money, avoid inconvenience and your risks are minimised.
From concept design stage to completion, HRS can work alongside you every step of the way. You and your project would be supported by HRS’s extensive knowledge that has been built up over 30 years, whether you need consultancy or on site advice and guidance, HRS’s large team of consultants and on site technicians are here to support you to make sure that your project hands over on time and within budget.
At HRS we believe strongly in being pro-active and customer focused, providing you with innovative cost-effective solutions.
All you need to do is make one phone call to 0800 030 4391 or email: email@example.com sending one set of drawings stating what services you require, and HRS will take it from there.
- Ecology »
- Noise, Vibration & Dust Services »
- Flood Risk & Drainage Assessments »
- BREEAM, BREEAM AP, DREAM, LEED »
- BREEAM UK Non Domestic Refurbishment & Fit Out »
- WELL »
- Life Cycle Costing & Life Cycle Analysis »
- Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH) »
- Home Quality Mark (HQM) »
- Post Occupancy Evaluation (POE) »
- Acoustic Consultancy & Testing »
- Air Tightness Consultancy & Testing »
- Air Leakage & Smoke Testing »
- Plenum Testing »
- Passivhaus »
- Air Test Temporary Sealing »>
- Indoor Air Quality Plan & Testing »
- External Air Quality Assessments »
- Daylighting Calculations »
- Renewable Energy Feasibility Studies »
- Thermal Bridging / Surface Condensation »
- Thermal Comfort Modelling »
- Thermographic Surveys »
- SAP Assessments »
- SBEM Assessments »
- Display Energy Certificates (DECs) »
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) »
- Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) »
- Air & Acoustic Sealing »
- Fire Stopping »
- Smoke Testing »
- The London Plan »
To see the wide range of accreditations that HRS Services hold, please visit our Accreditations page »