Air Testing and Air Tightness Consultancy, Thermography, Acoustics – John Lewis Distribution Centre – Milton Keynes
Project: John Lewis Distribution Centre, Magna Park, Milton Keynes
Cladding Sub Contractor: FK Group
Architect: Chetwood Architects
Acoustic assessment and testing, air tightness consultancy and testing, thermographic survey.
The John Lewis distribution centre was a very large new regional distribution centre with a ground floor area of 950,000 square foot. HRS were employed across a number of technical services on the project which included:
- An air tightness design review of the seal details, on site advice visits to review installed details and carry out the final air test. The project had an air test target of < 1 m3/(hour.m2) at 50 pascals which was at ‘best practice’ levels.
- Thermographic survey of the building envelope to gain a BREEAM Man 01 credit.
- Initial acoustic design review of architects proposals
- Pre completion acoustic testing
- Acoustic testing of external building services